If you are anything at all like me, you might have some deeply rooted doubts about your own personal power. I have been reading about metaphysics, miracles, and the power of positive thinking for years. And the Universe is quite obliging in proving over and over again, that every moment, I am creating the Reality I experience.
My doubt happens very subtly. I get very excited about a direction that I start to head in then I get distracted and start to question based on how I was taught to perceive the world as a child. And before you know it, that old cultural and family programing has me grumbling about “isn’t this the way it always happens…grrrr.” Which, again proves that the Universe loves me enough to let me have my way!
For being an artist, I have a very analytical type mind. I need to see it to learn it and believe it, (which flies in the face of that old metaphysical chestnut, “somethings have to be believed to be seen!) I like the idea of testing the theory out to make sure it works, a kind of try-it-before-you-buy-it approach. If I can go at it like a scientist and try some experiments to start with, then I can start stretching my wings with the possibilities.
This is why I got so excited when I heard about Pam Grout’s book “E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality“. Here are nine easy exercises to help you affirm and connect to the energy of creation all around you!
The following is a list of the experiments from Pam’s website, http://pamgrout.com/e-squared/ :
1. There is an invisible energy force or field of infinite possibilities.
2. You impact the field and draw from it according to your beliefs and expectations.
3. You, too, are a field of energy.
4. Whatever you focus on expands.
5. Your connection to the field provides accurate and unlimited guidance.
6. Your thoughts and consciousness impact matter.
7. Your thoughts and consciousness provide the scaffolding for your physical body.
8. You are connected to everything and everyone else in the universe.
9. The universe is limitless, abundant, and strangely accommodating.
Among other things, it teaches people how to drop poundage by doing nothing but changing the focus of their thoughts.
One of the things that excites me the most, is that Pam is a local author (Lawrence, Ks.) and this book has been a New York Times #1 best seller. I love each little step that brings main-stream culture closer to understanding how to let go of our “powerless-ness”!